At Dependable Mechanical Systems Inc., we place the utmost importance on the health, safety and well-being of our employees and others who may be affected by our work. By continuously striving to enhance our Occupational Health and Safety Program to promote workplace safety and control unsafe working conditions we will fulfil our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
Dependable Mechanical Systems Inc.
- Believes that good management practice incorporates proven health and safety principles and emphasizes these as integral components of all phases of our operations.
- Understands that all workplace parties are responsible and therefore holds all parties accountable for workplace health and safety (senior management, front line management and workers).
- Expects and requires all workers to report all unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions as it recognizes the rights of workers to work in a safe and healthy work environment. Also, it expects and requires supervision and management to take appropriate corrective actions to ensure and maintain safe and healthy work conditions.
- Is committed to prevention of occupational illness and injury and to providing good quality of working life. These are recognized as essential parts of our business operations and therefore, all individuals are empowered to actively participate in the Corporate Health and Safety Program
- Accepts the concept that the causes of accidents and illnesses can be controlled and the occurrence of personal injuries and illnesses can be further reduced
- Actively supports the efforts of our Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Is committed to complying with Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations as a minimum standard
- Requires all persons (including contractors) working for the company to meet or exceed our Health and Safety Program requirements
- Is committed to working with employees who have sustained injury or illness to facilitate their rehabilitation and to safely return them to their pre-injury job function as soon as they are capable.
The success of our organization depends on our reputation to provide quality products and services in a safe and timely manner. Health and Safety will be incorporated into all facets of our operations and we will ensure the Program and this Policy are reviewed at least annually.
Through open lines of communication, objective discussions and cooperation between workers, supervisors, management, the Joint Health and Safety Committee and other outside parties, our objectives of a workplace free of hazards, injury and illness can and will be achieved.